Our D4700 is manufactured from heat resistant fiberglass cloth with a high temperature silicone adhesive on both sides. This double sided glass cloth tape is ideal as an under wrap in demanding coating and masking applications. Used for metallizing and plasma spray masking, it can also be used to hold components on circuit boards, and an inner wrap for coils and transformers.
- Temperature Rating: 500° F / 260° C
- Silicone adhesive will remove cleanly even after high temperature exposure
- Will withstand grit blasting and plasma spray
- Can be die cut for ease of application
- 8 Mil Total Thickness
- Roll Length - 36 yards
- Steel Adhesion (oz/in) - 30
- Elongation (%) - 12
- Tensile Strength (lb/in) - 66
- Dielectric Strength (kV) - 5.5
What is Plasma Spray Coating?
Plasma spray coating is the most flexible process out of all the thermal spray processes. It involves the spraying of molten or heat-softened material onto a surface to provide a coating. The utilization of this technology can facilitate the spraying of almost any ceramic, cermet or metal onto a wide variety of materials with exceptional bond strength. Plasma spray is the only method used to produce pure ceramic coatings from ceramic powder. Common applications for plasma spray include thermal barrier coatings, abradable coatings, corrosion resistant coatings, and wear coatings.
|Temperature Range||0 - 500 F|